This position is responsible for providing guidance and support to advocates that handle M&R member interactions. This role has up to 18 direct reports with varying tenure and skill. This position coordinates and is accountable for business support to the team. The Supervisor supports hiring, managing and development for employees and proactively monitors individual and team performance by providing frequent, ongoing feedback and coaching. The Supervisor is accountable for Team KPI performance and remediation.
- Lead and develop team members to compassionately provide service and advocate for M&R members and callers.
- Support team morale, team building, and employee trust through frequent feedback and recognition.
- Accountable for the daily/weekly/monthly activities of team members.
- Ensure required training courses are completed timely.
- Set priorities for the team and ensure performance metrics are achieved such as Quality, Customer Satisfaction/NPS, A4M, First Call Resolution, Compliance, Service Level Efficiency, and any other performance metrics.
- Identify and resolve operational issues and deficiencies through metric reporting, using defined processes, expertise and judgment through remediation planning.
- Lead regular team meetings to communicate changes, relevant operational performance information and/or to build employee engagement.
- Monitor attendance and tardiness to ensure compliance within company guidelines.
- Enforce company policy and helps others adapt to change.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure employee and member satisfaction.
- Collaborate with WorkForce Management team to ensure staffing requirements are met. Communicate any necessary changes to work schedules to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with onsite BSL to ensure all system access is current.
- Support inbound and outbound call volume to include taking member calls and escalated calls. Minimum 2 hours per month.
- Conduct remote and side by side monitoring of member contacts to ensure quality assurance standards are met.
- Consistently communicate changes such as policies, procedural and overall performance as a team and one-on-one.
- Engage in career development activities and stay current with industry standards.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of call center experience (not industry specific)
- Minimum 1 year of demonstrated leadership/facilitation skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to address conflict proactively
- Basic proficiency with Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to navigate a computer while on the phone
- Ability to multi-task, this includes ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Experience with team interactions and improvement methods/projects (e.g., coaching, quality, productivity)
- Must be able to work between all hours of operation